2011年9月29日木曜日

What is the "Learning"? -Book review-

     I sometimes think about the question; what is the "learning"? Only reading books? Only writing papers?, when I think about my future. If I go to the graduate school, what can I do? Can I do some "paradigm shift" works? If I cannot do the works, do I have a competence to enter the graduate school??

     On a day, I read a book written by Prof. Yoichiro Murakami, who was a professor of ICU and taught the history of science and the philosophy of science. The book' name is "Rekishi toshiteno Kagaku (The science as a history)". I read the 1 essay of this book. The title is "Jiko no Kaitai to Henkaku (Break up myself and change myself)". According to Prof. Murakami, thorough the process that studying about the existing majors: normative majors, deeply, and after that, breaking up myself and changing myself, and studying, after that changing myself......repeating many times, we can do the creative works, that is, "paradign shift" works because, if people do not know about the frameworks of the existing majors, people cannot break up the frameworks or cross the frameworks.

     After reading that, my uneasiness vanished. All I have to do now is only studying about the existing major: normative major, deeply. And, after that or through studying, I want to think whether I go to the graduate school or not. Anyway, I recommend the book!
The Book written by Prof.Yoichiro Murakami

4 件のコメント:

  1. I think you are already a good philosopher:)
    It also might be the meaningful experience for you to think about your future and what learning is by yourself!
    And I think you are a good reader! I always think that you are hard worker because you read a lot of books.

    返信削除
  2. Thinking the reason of learning is important.
    I'll keep on thinking.

    返信削除
  3. >Buchi

    Thanks:)
    Someday, could you tell me your meaning of "learning"?
    You often say Aze is a good reader, but I'm not. This is because I only borrow many books from libraries and return them back to the libraries. I only scan only some parts of the books, so this is just physical training:D

    返信削除
  4. >Mitsuru

    Yes. We must keep on thinking about the meaning(s) and reason(s) of learning!!

    返信削除